As the Edinburgh Fringe Festival enters its final stages for another year, Musical Theatre Network hasannounced the shortlist for its 2014 Awards. The awards, in their eighth year,reward the very best in musical theatre on the Fringe, raising the profile of the work and opening up the conversations about what musical theatre can be.
The shortlisted shows are:
- Alba – A New Scottish Musical from Finn Anderson Productions
- Bonenkai from The Letter Room
- The Duck Pond from withWings Theatre Company
- The Future for Beginners from liveartshow
- Janis Joplin: Full Tilt from Regular Music with support from the National Theatre of Scotland
- Lorraine and Alan from Bucket Club/Farnham Maltings/PleasanceTheatre/Colchester Arts Centre/Escalator East to Edinburgh
- The Outback Games: ANew Musicalfrom Edwards Theatrical
- Riptide: The Slasher Musical from Porgy Productions
- Symphony by Ella Hickson, Nick Payne and Tom Wells from Nabokov and Soho Theatre
- Victorian Vices – The Picture of Dorian Gray from Another Soup
Caroline Routh, Executive Producer of Musical Theatre Network, said “We’ve been really impressed by the range and quality of work we’ve seen. It was a tough job to pick just ten shows for our shortlist, but we’re excited by the work that we’ve selected and by the number of companies now exploring different ways to use song and music within their storytelling.”
The winners will be announced on 22nd August.
For more information visitwww.musicaltheatrenetwork.com