Home / Brighton Fringe / BRIGHTON BITES: Louise Reay Que Sera, 些拉
Louise reay - Que Sera

BRIGHTON BITES: Louise Reay Que Sera, 些拉

Our Brighton Bites series offers short, witty and slightly tongue-in-cheek insights into the offerings at England’s largest arts festival. Louise Reay tells us about her show Que Sera, 些拉, which she’s performing at Komedia, Brighton.

 

How would you describe your show in one sentence?

Comedy in Chinese for people who don’t speak any Chinese at all!

Is this your first visit to Brighton fringe, if so what interesting tales have you been told about what to expect?

It is my 2nd time performing at Brighton Fringe…i grew up in Brighton so have known the horror stories all my life, wink-wink.

How has the show developed on the way to Brighton?

I took a show to the Adelaide fringe, which gave me a chance to mess about and bash things around…the biggest challenge has been working out how to build my set…the show features a lifesize Zoltar fortune teller machine like in the movie big, for example. I’ve also got a prop that’s a suitcase full of money..I’ve always wanted one of those!

How have you been preparing for Brighton fringe?

Coffee and McDonald’s, naturally.

What do you think sets your show apart from all the other festival offerings?

My show is a true story from my life filmed over the past four years. It’s also totally in Chinese – but for an audience that doesn’t speak Chinese..only 7% of communication is verbal, it’s an experiment in the other 93%

What’s the show that you don’t want to miss at this year’s Brighton fringe (apart from your own!)?

There are two shows you have to see! Banging fun stuff by Amanda Kelleher and Zach &Viggo’s new show.

If your show was a flavour of Brighton rock, what would it be?

My show would be the fry ups made out of rock, sold on paper plates wrapped in cling film on the seafront.

Que Sera, 些拉 is being performed 14 and 22 May2016

For more information visit www.brightonfringe.org orwww.louisereay.com

The Reviews Hub is proud to be an Official Media Partner of Brighton Fringe 2016

Brighton Fringe Logo

 

About The Reviews Hub - South East

The Reviews Hub - South East
The South East team is under the editorship of Glen Pearce. The Reviews Hub was set up in 2007. Our mission is to provide the most in-depth, nationwide arts coverage online.